Easy Chalkboard Placemats

$4

I found these inexpensive and unique place mats at a thrift store. With a little imagination and some chalkboard paint - I knew all the fun these place mats could be.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here is one of the original place mats. They were extra heavy duty, with a laminate on top and cork on the bottom.

I started by cleaning the place mats to free them off all dust, dirt, oils, and debris.

I painted each of them with Folk Art Chalkboard Paint. I followed the instructions on the back giving them 2 coats and letting them dry completely.

I then seasoned the place mats with chalk. This is done by coloring the entire surface with chalk. It's an important step as this is what allows the surface to be erased. Missing this step causes the writing to stick to the paint.

After the entire piece is colored in, I erased each one.

They are ready to be used - use white or colorful chalk.

These can be used for so many different things -

Place markers

Homework

Games

Doodling

*And they can be great as lap trays - either in the house or perhaps on a car ride!

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Everything Red For Canada Day
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Chas' Crazy Creations