Painting My Floors With Rustoleum

$115
1 Day

Hate your old flooring? Keep reading to learn how easy it is to give them a new look!

The Hideous Before
Let’s Get Started

After painting the countertop in our Master Bathroom white, it was obvious these 20 year old, beige, builder grade tiles just weren’t going to cut it.

Here’s What You Need

I was so blessed to team up with Rustoleum for this project. They sent me their Rock Solid Home floor paint and I picked up some painters tape, a paint brush and a 3/8” nap roller and a paint tray. This is a two step system consisting of a Base paint available in over 15 colors and a Top Coat available in Satin or Matte sheen and can be purchased at Home Depot.

How Simple Is This?!

The only prep work required is cleaning the floor really well and taping off. I swept the floor first, then cleaned it with Krud Cutter Degreaser and I was ready to go. This interior floor paint works on tile, vinyl, linoleum, hardwood, concrete (and more) and is low/no odor.

When working with this paint you want to keep a “wet edge” so be sure to edge in a 3x3 foot section with a brush and then go right in and roll it. The grout can be rolled also and then move on to the next section. Start on your far inside corner and paint your way out of the room. The Base Coat needs to set for 6 hours before your Top Coat. Be sure to wear socks and take care in between Base and Top Coats! Let your Top Coat set for 24 hours before light foot traffic, 3 days before moving furniture in and one full week before washing your floor.

Viola!

One coat of Base paint (or two in my case because I chose white) and one coat of Top Coat later, I’m so happy with how this floor turned out! Also, this application requires hardly any paint so my gallons can be used for lots more projects because each gallon can paint up to 400ft. Perfect for a living room, bedroom, basement.

What are you waiting for? Get painting!

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!

To see more: https://instagram.com/grayrosehome

• Mary Wisnewski Epifano
    Mary Wisnewski Epifano

My daughter’s linoleum is extremely stained around the edges. I’ve tried every brand of cleaner, but to no avail. Will this cover the decade old stains?

• Melissa
      Melissa

I had no coverage issues at all. I also used white. If she uses a darker color I really think she would be fine!

• Lindley
    Lindley

Looks amazing! Our kids' tiny bathroom is outfitted with all the late 80s-90s almond colored fixtures (tub, counter top, toilet), and I'm looking for a good floor color. So many of the posts reflect color matching problems, with colors ending much lighter than expected. Any recommendations for a neutral gray/beige so that the almond fixtures don't look grungy? Cake Batter? Greige? Our local HD doesn't have any, so I have order online. #Risky

• Pmono7690
      Pmono7690

I just painted our bathroom with pittsburgh paint in I think dove gray. Very light grey and it toned down all the biscuit/almond colored appliances (washer and dryer) plus the stand up shower to where they don't stand out in the room.

Just love the color. I took several of the sample cards at the store and taped the ones I thought would work. Then checked them in morning, noon and night lighting. Picked the one I liked.

• Lidia Nascimento
    Lidia Nascimento

Hi,

I tried this in my kitchen. I chose a light grey but it looks so white I think they might have send me the wrong one. I did not get great results. I left roller marks, especially in the front of the kitchen which is the most noticeable :( I tried fixing it but it looks uneven and now the roller marks are not there but the top coat finish is not even. It looks shinier in some part, basically it looks bad :( It was extremely hard working with this kit, :( Did you use a semi gloss top finish? Do you have any tips to how to fix this?

• Melissa
      Melissa

I’m so sorry to hear this! I went with a matte finish in my bathroom and I didn’t find it hard to work with at all but I also used a different color and finish. If it were me I would put another top coat on and see if it evens out.

• Melissa
    Melissa

Yes. So the edge of your paint is always wet to continue. As opposed to edging out the whole floor and then going back to roll

• Lillace Christianson
    Lillace Christianson

We have those 6" tiles in two baths and this looks like the perfect cosmetic fix! Thanks so much!