Painting My Floors With Rustoleum

$115
1 Day

Hate your old flooring? Keep reading to learn how easy it is to give them a new look!

Let’s Get Started

The Hideous Before

After painting the countertop in our Master Bathroom white, it was obvious these 20 year old, beige, builder grade tiles just weren’t going to cut it.

Here’s What You Need

I was so blessed to team up with Rustoleum for this project. They sent me their Rock Solid Home floor paint and I picked up some painters tape, a paint brush and a 3/8” nap roller and a paint tray. This is a two step system consisting of a Base paint available in over 15 colors and a Top Coat available in Satin or Matte sheen and can be purchased at Home Depot.

How Simple Is This?!

The only prep work required is cleaning the floor really well and taping off. I swept the floor first, then cleaned it with Krud Cutter Degreaser and I was ready to go. This interior floor paint works on tile, vinyl, linoleum, hardwood, concrete (and more) and is low/no odor.

When working with this paint you want to keep a “wet edge” so be sure to edge in a 3x3 foot section with a brush and then go right in and roll it. The grout can be rolled also and then move on to the next section. Start on your far inside corner and paint your way out of the room. The Base Coat needs to set for 6 hours before your Top Coat. Be sure to wear socks and take care in between Base and Top Coats! Let your Top Coat set for 24 hours before light foot traffic, 3 days before moving furniture in and one full week before washing your floor.

Viola!

One coat of Base paint (or two in my case because I chose white) and one coat of Top Coat later, I’m so happy with how this floor turned out! Also, this application requires hardly any paint so my gallons can be used for lots more projects because each gallon can paint up to 400ft. Perfect for a living room, bedroom, basement.

What are you waiting for? Get painting!

To see more: https://instagram.com/grayrosehome

• Dina

That looks great!! How long do they say that the painted tiles should last before starting to wear or chip? Do you know?

• Melissa

It doesn’t say but I know a friend who used it and after one year, no issues!

• Karen

I tried looking up appliance epoxy and it's for metal. Is this the product you used for your bathroom counter?

• Mary Wisnewski Epifano

My daughter’s linoleum is extremely stained around the edges. I’ve tried every brand of cleaner, but to no avail. Will this cover the decade old stains?

• Melissa

I had no coverage issues at all. I also used white. If she uses a darker color I really think she would be fine!