Asked on Mar 17, 2020

How does one organize glass cake pans?

TheHoneycombHomeJudy H.Kmdreamer
+14

I have several glass cake pans/casserole of different sizes. Any ideas on how to store, organize? I have them on a shelf in a cabinet above the counter. They are getting too heavy to lift up snd out. Suggestions??

.

• Cynthia H

Hi Molly! If you use them often, put them in a lower cupboard. I just stack them there. I only put stuff I don't need all the time and lighter weight dishes in the upper cupboards as I get older.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Molly,

You could make or buy organizers for your glass pans. Here's an example using 2 different kinds. These could also be made with wood if you have the skills. Wishing you the best.

Storing Glass Pans

• CJ

I'm having trouble lifting my glass mixing bowls and glass food storage containers in and out of my wall cabinets, too. I suggest finding a lower place to store them. I hope to find a new home for my bowls in my pantry or side board. Sometimes we have to think outside the box for functionality. Look around your kitchen to find a better place for your bakeware. Or maybe in another room! I keep some plastic storage boxes in a dresser in the spare room, I use types boxes but not very often.

Alternately, we may have to replace the heavy glass items with lighter weight pans and plastic. Good luck!

I agree. Find a lower cabinet space you can store them. I had the same situation in a pantry cabinet. I placed everything I use often within reach. All my glass bowls and casseroles are on the bottom. Plastic mixing bowls and storage containers are on top.

• Mogie

There is a small picture on this site that explains this much better then I can:

https://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/organizing-baking-dishes/

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I stack them in a lower cabinet. Those upper cabinets are tricky to work woth —thats where I store my kitchen aid mixer.

• Unique Creations By Anita

I keep all mine stacked according to size, but keep them on a lower shelf. I know you pain of trying to lift them from a height.

• Pamela

I also keep them on a lower shelf , stacked in order by size .

• Redcatcec

I don't have many of these, in fact, just 1 small 9 x 9" glass pan., as they broke/chipped over the tears, I replaced them with aluminum. Lifting and using the glass got to be a chore as we got older. As for storage, I agree with the others, keep them in the lower storage, what ever way works for you, If they are clunky and do not fit together well, so if possible and you have the space, store them on the the edge of the pans separated by tension rods or wood dowels. When I had several of these, I stored them under the oven, it has a drawer just for storage of the broiler pan, works well for glass bowls.

• Johnavallance82

Hi Molly,

Store them in a clear Poly storage box in a lower cupboard. Place a piece of Kitchen Roll in between dishes if a tight fit. Best wishes.

• Simple Nature Decor

I would put them in a lower cabinet so you can get access to them easy. You may want to make a the lower cabinet just for these kinds of pans. Here is a post i did when i organized my shelving with liners for my pots and pans https://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/tips-to-turning-wallpaper-into-chic-drawer-liners/

• Kathy Gunter Law

I have mine organized in the same manner. However, I don't stack them. I added some wire shelves that doubled my cabinet space. The heavy ones are on the lower shelves with lighter weight items on the higher shelves.

If you like the way they look, you could display them in the corner of your counter tops.

You could add pull out racks to your bottom shelves but I don't know if lifting up is any less strenuous than sitting down.

• CribbsStyle

I use the dividers that line them up like a file and it works perfectly.

Hi Molly: If you have a lower drawer or cabinet you can use, I'd do that. And, put a sheet of paper towel between each one. One thing I did was to weed out those that I use and those that I don't. Either donate the ones you don't use or put them somewhere else so that they are out of the way. If you don't use them in, say a year, then donate them. I have found that, over the years, I have accumulated more pots and pans than I can use. So, I donated those that I didn't use after a year. Good luck

• Kmdreamer

Put them on a lower shelf and get a wire shelf organizer with different levels so you could separate them I know what your talking about because I have them to

• Judy H.

My glass cake, pie and casserole pans are in a large upper cabinet, (not so high that I cannot reach it) in my butler's pantry. I have them stacked according to size with a thin sheet of bubble wrap in between each pan. They've been stored like that for 26 years and I haven't had a cracked pan, yet. I take each stack out of the cabinets twice a year, to clean any dust that might have accumulated on each piece of bubble wrap. I don't know if that's necessary, I'm just compulsive about some things.