Snake Bubbles, A Fun Bubble Activity!

$5

My kids love bubbles, and this is an easy way to make a bubble blowing wand from recycled items from your own home.

Making a snake bubble wand is simple, easy to put together and it really works. Bonus: it makes for great photos and lots of entertainment for the kids!

First, grab a water bottle or two out of your recycle bin, then grab some outgrown white kids socks, rubber bands and a pair of scissors. I recommend white socks, so you can see the colors you are adding to it (you‘ll see what I am talking about further down). Cut 2” off the bottom of the water bottle with scissors. Then, pull a white kids sock over the open end and push down all the way. I had to fold over the socks as mine were a little too long. Then, secure the sock on the water bottle with a rubber band. Now you have your snake bubble wand!

Here is a closeup of what I brought outside for the snake bubbles. You’ll need a shallow dish (such as a pie dish) to mix a little dish detergent in with some water. If you want to make colored snake bubbles (highly recommend), you’ll want to bring out your food coloring packet.

Autumn was really excited to start blowing these neat little snake bubbles, she was practically glued to my side while we got everything together for them.

Dunk the sock end into the soapy water for a few seconds, to let it soak up the mixture.

Now, it is time to get a little messy! Add 2-3 drops of food coloring (we did several colors!) to the end of the wet sock. You'll want to add a lot of different colors to get a vibrant rainbow bubble snake! After applying the food coloring, dunk the sock back into the soapy water for 10-20 seconds.

Have your child blow into the water bottle and a trail of rainbow bubbles will come out of the end of the sock.

The kids were so excited to see all of the colors in their bubbles. It really is just such a neat little bubble blowing activity to do with them! I had fun taking photos of all of the beautiful colored bubbles that ornamented my lawn. You will need to keep adding more and more food coloring to your sock to keep the colors fresh every 5 minutes or so.

So what do you think happened to all of these colorful bubbles in the lawn? Yep! You guessed it, STOMP STOMP STOMP! The kids loved stepping on all of the bubbles to pop them. Guess that just means we need to make more? Hope you enjoy this fun activity with your kids!

Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom