Easy DIY Spring Decor: Hanging Flower Vases

$25

Here’s a quick and easy home decor DIY project to add a little spring to your home! I’m normally not a big fan of seasonal decor (unless it’s for Christmas!). However, after a long Wisconsin winter, I felt the need to make something to hold fresh spring flowers. If you like this project, head over to my blog ( http://www.thehandcraftedhaven.com/category/decor/) to see all my other simple and inexpensive home decor projects!

Use a miter saw to cut a 1″ x 4″ x 6′ board into 4 pieces, two 15 1/4″ long and two 14 1/2″ long.

Paint or stain the boards.

I chose to paint them using Rust-Oleum White Chalked Paint.

Drill 3 1/4″ holes in the top of one of the longer boards

Space the holes evenly apart. Determine the space between the holes depending on the size of your glass vases/jars.

Using finish screws, screw the boards together so that they form a square.

Ensure that the longer boards are on the top and bottom of the square.

Wrap the twine around the neck of the glass jars or vases.

Ensure that you glue the twine down with super glue as you go and leave an ample amount of twine on each end. Do this for all three jars/vases.

Thread the twine through the holes in the top of the wood square and tie the twine together.

Cut off any excess twine. Hang each of the jars/vases from the top wood board.

And there you have it! It’s simple and it’s customizable. You can make it smaller or larger. You can use different paint or stain. You can use different jars of vases. You can of course change out the flowers you put in it.

Interested in another simple and inexpensive DIY home decor? Check out this $5 blanket ladder: http://www.thehandcraftedhaven.com/how-to-make-a-5-blanket-ladder/

29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Mary @ The Handcrafted Haven

• Ilene

how Do you clean bottles and change water? Do you untie and remove bottles?

• Eva Francis

It's pretty and creative, but won't it fall over easy? Maybe put some kind of foot on it for stability.

• Great ideas, April! I especially like the idea of having your kids help you. That's great. So glad you found inspiration from this project!

• Lynne

so lovely!! hanks for sharing the idea

• April

I might try hanging the twine in a “V” shape, which will change the geometric design of the piece but will leave room for the flower head. It will mean drilling a couple more holes but it looks like the twine is crowding out the flower. This is really simple, yet so elegant. Thank you for sharing this great idea!!