DIY Coastal Rope Coasters

$20

This project came out better then I envisioned!

What is so great about it, is if you want to make a placemat, you just keep wrapping the rope! For this though, I wanted coasters.

Supply List

DAP RapidFuse All-Purpose Adhesive

HOMYHOME Jute Rope 10mm

Pair of Gloves

Scissors

Tape Measure or Ruler

NOTE: I tried using a hot glue at first. It did not hold the rope together.

Step 1:

For your first coaster measure out your Jute Rope.

Each coaster size is 3 ft 9 in in rope length.

STEP 2:

When cutting the rope, cut it at a angle.

Step 3:

The ends of your Jute rope will easily be frayed. You will need to glue the ends together so this does not happen.

NOTE: Make sure you are wearing hand protection when handling / using the glue. It is VERY strong holding and you do not want to get it on your skin or other items.

Continue STEP 3:

Put glue one the tips of each ends. You will be creating aglet's on the ends with the glue.

STEP 4:

After your ends are fully dry, you will start your coaster.

Apply more glue, but now to the sides that will be touching.

In a 'U' shape glue the first piece of your coater together to start your loops.

Step 5:

Now slowly start to make the loops. Make sure you are putting the glue along side the rope. DO NOT skip a spot of the rope or you coaster will come apart.

Step 6:

After every inch stop and apply pressure to the rope, squeezing it together for the glue to hold.

This was the reason why I picked the DAP RapidFuse All-Purpose Adhesive, was for the fast drying time.

SIDE NOTE:

If you have any spots that are showing gaps for do not look fully secure, you can put a little glue on the top or bottom of the coaster.

Repeat Step 5 and repeating Step 6:

You repeat STEP 5 and 6 tell you reach the end of your Jute Rope, creating your coaster!

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to give me a follow and please feel free to share on Pinterest!

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Perfectly Round Tables

• Linda
    Linda

Could you use hot glue? I’m sure there is a good reason why you didn’t mention it...thanks

• Flipturn
      Flipturn

In the description with the Supply List picture, above, Holly stated that when she tried hot glue, it did not hold the rope together.

• Patricia Poorman Scheid
    Patricia Poorman Scheid

I fell in love with that glue! Oh, my.... after awhile it leaves a white residue everywhere! It’s hard to get rid of. I’m not using it anymore. Still, awesome glue! Just be careful what it’s used on.

• Debbie R
    Debbie R

Please tell me if you can the name of the color and the material of your countertops.