DIY Coastal Rope Coasters

$20

This project came out better then I envisioned!

What is so great about it, is if you want to make a placemat, you just keep wrapping the rope! For this though, I wanted coasters.

Supply List

DAP RapidFuse All-Purpose Adhesive

HOMYHOME Jute Rope 10mm

Pair of Gloves

Scissors

Tape Measure or Ruler

NOTE: I tried using a hot glue at first. It did not hold the rope together.

Step 1:

For your first coaster measure out your Jute Rope.

Each coaster size is 3 ft 9 in in rope length.

STEP 2:

When cutting the rope, cut it at a angle.

Step 3:

The ends of your Jute rope will easily be frayed. You will need to glue the ends together so this does not happen.

NOTE: Make sure you are wearing hand protection when handling / using the glue. It is VERY strong holding and you do not want to get it on your skin or other items.

Continue STEP 3:

Put glue one the tips of each ends. You will be creating aglet's on the ends with the glue.

STEP 4:

After your ends are fully dry, you will start your coaster.

Apply more glue, but now to the sides that will be touching.

In a 'U' shape glue the first piece of your coater together to start your loops.

Step 5:

Now slowly start to make the loops. Make sure you are putting the glue along side the rope. DO NOT skip a spot of the rope or you coaster will come apart.

Step 6:

After every inch stop and apply pressure to the rope, squeezing it together for the glue to hold.

This was the reason why I picked the DAP RapidFuse All-Purpose Adhesive, was for the fast drying time.

SIDE NOTE:

If you have any spots that are showing gaps for do not look fully secure, you can put a little glue on the top or bottom of the coaster.

Repeat Step 5 and repeating Step 6:

You repeat STEP 5 and 6 tell you reach the end of your Jute Rope, creating your coaster!

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to give me a follow and please feel free to share on Pinterest!

• Linda

Could you use hot glue? I’m sure there is a good reason why you didn’t mention it...thanks

• Flipturn

In the description with the Supply List picture, above, Holly stated that when she tried hot glue, it did not hold the rope together.

• Patricia Poorman Scheid

I fell in love with that glue! Oh, my.... after awhile it leaves a white residue everywhere! It’s hard to get rid of. I’m not using it anymore. Still, awesome glue! Just be careful what it’s used on.

• Debbie R

Please tell me if you can the name of the color and the material of your countertops.