Do Not Throw Away Your Over Ripe Tomatoes

$11
4 Months

During the COVID-19, and especially after the lock-down was lighted, I have tried looking for ways to pass time and relax. One of the ways that has really kept me going is my small balcony garden that I started in late March.

I have planted tomatoes, cabbages, spinach, lecttus and so far the best growing vegetables in my balcony garden are the tomatoes. I started growing tomatoes as an experiment since I decided not to use the bought seeds. I had overripe tomatoes that I couldn’t use to cook or make a salad. And that’s when I decided to plant them in my small balcony.

It was as easy as taking 2 overripe tomatoes from the pantry, sliced them into thin pieces.

Once I sliced them, I then placed them on the planter and covered the sliced tomatoes with soil and later topped it with manure.

Make sure the tomatoes get few hours of direct sun and prune regularly

So far the tomatoes have started producing flowers. I water them every 2 days and prune the unnecessary brunches. This has been so therapeutic to me and I cannot wait to harvest     

• Rita Gencius

What type of manure/fertilizer do u recommend????

• Maggie Thomas

Can you use any type of tomat

• Paula

I heard that veggies from the store are being grown so that you cant grow veggies from the seed you can just grow the plant? Is that true ??

• Melissa Swan
      38 minutes ago

You can tell by the sticker on the vegetable whether it has been genetically modified . Just look it up online and yoy will see a spreadsheet with all the number codes listed beside each vegetable. Those numbers comyain all thr info about thaf

• Deborah Suttles

Thanks gonna try this.

• Mamamia

I got my slices of tomatoes all ready for planting, but of course, it is thundering and lightning and with my luck I'll get hit. So now I wait. I am using beefsteak tomatoes. Delish. Roma tomatoes are good too.