Craft Storage Box Upgrade With Tulip Paints

$40

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Tulip. All opinions are my own. I have been on the hunt lately for pretty craft room storage boxes. You know, those collapsible storage cubes that fit in cube shelving. I have searched all over and I haven’t been able to find any that I like or ones that suit my style but then the thought occurred to me, why don’t I just buy some plain ones and paint them!? Now I can put my own spin and style on some boring cube storage. Keep reading to see how I made this vision in my head come to life.

Here are the materials that I used for this project: 

• Tulip Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint - Black
  • Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint - White
  • Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint - Neon Blue
  • Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint - Yellow
  • Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint - Leaf Green
  • Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint - True Red
  • Cube craft storage boxes

Step One

Using Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint in White, I placed several drops of paint spaced out on the front of my craft storage cube and then using a stencil brush I swirled the paint around to make a circle. I use a stencil brush as it is circular and you can very easily swirl it to create a perfect circle. 

Step Two

Using Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint in Neon Blue, I place several more drop of paint onto my craft storage cube spaced out somewhat evenly. 

Then, using the same stencil brush I swirled these drops around into circles.

Step Three

Using Tulip Slick Dimensional Paint in Black, I made a design over the front of the storage cube box. I went with a dots and line pattern that I just came up with off the top of my head.

If you want to make this project, try and come up with whatever creative design you can think of. The Slick paint is great because of the precise tip, so you could even do words on your boxes. I repeated the process of steps one through three with the colours, Yellow, True Red and Leaf Green.

Step Four

I left my boxes for four hours laying flat to dry before popping them up and putting them on my shelf. 

This is just a starting idea for any one who want to add a little colour to their space. Feel free to take this idea and really make it your own. The possibilities are endless and with Tulip Slick and Soft Matte Fabric Paints, you can add a personal touch to any fabric items in your home. 

If you want to see this project come to life, check out this video!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Holly Grace

• Jinxx

I like it! Reminds me of mid century barkcloth prints but unique and totally yours. Very clever. Where do you find the blank cubes in the light color? Many thanks!

• Doreen Kennedy

I agree with everyone else. Your bins are so cute. Thanks for sharing your project.

• Deborah Metcalf

Your craft space looks great!! I have these cubbies in my craft room also. Mine are pink, teal and light green which are fine but I think your idea would really dress them up! One suggestion for your readers...I bought all of mine at Dollar tree so they weren't as sturdy but I cut thick cardboard to fit inside on the bottoms and they work great! Thanks again!