Picture Frame Upcycle With Pearl Beads and Spray Paint

$10

I had a frame in the house that I wanted to replace as I didn’t want the wooden effect anymore. So, instead of buying a new one, I thought I’d try to upcycle the old one with things I already had in the house

This was the frame before. Just a simple wooden frame with a white trim. But I wanted a white one for the bathroom and something with a art deco feel

So, in the house. I had a packet of self adhesive pearls. I had used these on wedding invitations and I had a few leftover

Really simple to use. Just peel them away from the plastic backing (do it slowly though or the pearl will come away without the adhesive backing). They are now ready to place wherever you want them

I started at the bottom and placed them loosely. Don’t place them down firmly until you are sure that you like the position they are in as they can be hard to move once they are down

I placed the big ones that I had around the frame with a design that I liked

I felt the corners looked a little bare so I added 4 smaller sized ones too. You can do any design you like. Mine was quite a simple one

Next I needed to paint it. I removed the back panel and the glass from the frame so that they wouldn’t get any paint on them

I laid it on the floor on top of some papers so that the floor wouldn’t get covered in spray paint. Be sure to open a window as well to keep the room ventilated

I used plastikote Matt white spray paint. I didn’t bother with a primer but you could use one if you wanted to

I then started spraying about 10cm away from the frame in light stokes until I got the look I wanted

I left it to dry for a couple of hours. Once it was dry I was happy with the coverage as I wanted a bit of the wood to still be seen. But you can do other coats until you are happy

This was the finished frame. Looks like a brand new one!

This is it in my bathroom and now matches the colour scheme so much better

It all ties in so well now as a colour scheme. And this was all done with items that I already had in the house