New Life for a Waterfall Vanity

$50
2 Weeks

I could not believe that I found this beautiful vanity on the side of the road. Called a friend to come help me bring it home. As I stood waiting for her cars passing by showed interest. I did not leave 🤣

Cleaned out years of dust

Used dish soap with vinegar and water. I found a diamond earring in one of the corners. Yup it was real. 😁

Removes all of the warped pieces of veneer from the back.

Not much could be done with the back of the mirror, so I left it alone

For the inside and sides of drawers I used a charcoal color chalk paint. To add a little pop I used a lace stencil and white acrylic paint. All painted areas received a dark wax seal. Which also allows the drawer to slide easily.

I hand sanded the entire piece, took a couple of days. On one side and the bottom front the wood veneer started to peel.

I used the dark charcoal chalk paint to cover the areas where the veneer had lifted. I used wood glue to correct as much as possible.

Used a stencil for the top center of vanity. Used a dark brown acrylic paint, looks kind of like an inlay.

The hardware was dull, I cleaned and ended up using nail polish for the correct color.

Applied three coats of clear poly, light sanding between coats

Super pleased with the results!

After finding the right color tone for the hardware I needed to update the metal part. Flat black spray paint did the trick.

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!

• Betty Pirtle

What exactly is Waterfall furniture? Yours turned out beautiful!

• C50GE

Some of the first furniture made mostly of plywood covered with veneer..it had rounded horizontal lines giving it the look of a waterfall. It is getting hard to find this furniture in great shape due to the veneer popping off and cracking due to moisture.

at the time it was introduced it was very inexpensive compared to solid wood furniture because of the raw material it was made of.

younger people may love the look of it. But older people would remember this is the cheap stuff.

• Sue

What did you replace the warped back with? It is a beautiful piece!

• Dawn Marr Fisher

How did you remount the mirror?

• Pluto

This is beautifully done. The extra work involved to be able to refinish it without covering the wood with paint was well worth it. I hope that you will enjoy it for a long time.

• Heather

Beautiful job!! I'm so jealous of you folks that find things like this!!