- I used a piece of leftover plywood for my backdrop—you could use any wood, canvas, paper, fabric
- draw a circle by tying a piece of a string to a tack and the other end to a pencil, then pin the tack where you want the center of the circle, pull taut and draw a circle
Quick and Easy DIY Modern Botanical Art
Have a piece of scrap wood lying around? Maybe some craft paints or leftover sample paints? Get creative and mix some paint together to get a color that inspires you. Have fun searching inspo on Pinterest then grab a sharpie, pencil, string, and thumbtack to get you started on this super fun project. Never thought you were an artist?! You won’t know until you try!
Find a base and draw a circle
Paint the circle and draw a design
- use a thinner paint brush to paint the outer edge and a thicker brush to fill it in
- draw a design in pencil
- you can search “botanical art” on Pinterest for inspiration
Outline with a sharpie
Fill in the florals
Add detail to the florals
Admire your work!
- You can see here that the leaves eventually got painted in with green paint.
- enjoy playing around with your ideas!