Juju Hat DIY | Outstanding Wall Decor

$40

I wanted to be making a Juju hat DIY wall decor forever and if I knew it was so easy to make one I would give it a shot sooner. Seriously, it’s soooo easy to make one.

But, unfortunately, I found out that they were very expensive and out of my price range. So I made my own version.

Create your base

Draw a circle by pinning the one pencil at the cardboard. The radius of the circle is 11 inches.

Then cut that circle and draw a straight line from the center to the edge and then cut that line. That allows you to coil the cardboard and end up with a cone shape.

You then just need to hot glue this in and spray paint it in a good ventilated area.

Add your feathers

Take your feather strand and start by gluing the beginning about 2″ in from the outer edge of the cardboard. Then go on and glue it in place every inch or so…until you reach the end of the circle.

Add your second layer

Glue the feather strand about 2″ in from the first row. That way, the second layer camouflages the ribbon of the first layer.

Reach the center

Add feathers by cutting small sections of the feather strand and glue them down.

As you reach the inner center you want to cut the feathers smaller than the previous row.

Make your hanger

Finally, you want to hang this beautiful art piece. You can use some yarn and hot glue. It’s so lightweight as a feather so, you won’t have a problem with that.

The reveal

And that was it! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I did. I literally love how it turned out and I love how it makes such an impact in my living room. It’s by far my favorite DIY.

Watch my video tutorial

Evi from LoveForDIY