Cactus Rock Garden Tutorial

$5

How to make a cute painted rock cactus rock garden. This is a fun craft to make a cute decoration for your home. I used all supplies from the dollar store, so it's also an affordable craft.

Supplies

You will need:

Paint Rocks

Painted rocks on both sides with green acrylic paint. I also painted three of them pink to attach to the top of the green rocks.

Decorate

Use a paint pen or a brush to add dots, Xs, and lines so turn the rocks into cacti.

Paint the Pot

I didn't like the color of the pot that I got with the green rocks, so I dry brushed white acrylic paint on it.

Glue Rocks

I used a small piece of Styrofoam that I'd saved from something getting shipped to me. I put it about an inch below the top of the pot. Hot glue melts Styrofoam, so I put a dab of glue on the foam and it melted a small divot. I placed the rocks in that divot and held them until the glue set up. I also glued the pink rocks on top of a few cacti.

Add Moss

To cover the foam, I added some Reindeer moss. I put in a few dabs of glue to keep it held in place.

Display

This turned out so cute! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial too.

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Koti Beth Designs

• Jennifer

I used Styrofoam too (in layers) when I made mine but I used a foam spray instead of glue. I used hot glue on one years ago and pieces would fall off, it drove me to find a better solution. The foam is something professional landscape designers use and it works great, I can turn the pots upside down and nothing falls out! To solve the little pink/red/yellow flowers we love to put on top, I use a modeling glue with hot glue, the hot glue holds the rock in place while the modeling glue drys. Once the modeling glue is dry I pluck off the hot glue. Now these rocks stay in place You can add dirt, moss or more rocks to the surface too!

• Natural75Beauty

♥️ Well done! I absolutely love it! I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t like painted rocks 😊