DIY Dollar Tree Rope Basket

$4

I think I have become addicted to Dollar Tree DIY’s. I was in my local Dollar Tree store recently and found some nautical rope. It’s nice quality, so naturally I grabbed 5 of them! Then I was like, hmmmm……ok, what the heck am I going to do with this. As I continued walking around the store, I found some small wire baskets, and some mini chalkboard signs, and the idea to try my hand at making a DIY Dollar Tree Rope Basket came into my head. Here is how I did it…

Here are the supplies I used.

Step 1 in Making a DIY Dollar Tree Rope Basket…

This is a pretty simple DIY. All I did was use my glue gun to glue the rope all around the wire basket. I used 2 full packages of rope, then had to open a third package to make the handles.

Step 2, Make the Handles...

Once the rope was glued to the basket, I made some handles. I cut 4 pieces of rope all the same size. The rope tends to fray a bit when you cut it, so I added a bit of glue from my glue gun to try to stop it from fraying too much.

I ended up making 2 of these baskets. On the first basket I made, I glued the handles to the inside of the basket, and the second one I glued them to the outside. I think I like them on the outside a little better (for your reference). You can see on these handles above that I used some clear tape to stop the fraying.

Step 3...

Lastly, as a finishing touch, I added one of the mini chalkboard signs to the basket. I just tied the sign to the inside of the basket.

That’s it! Here is how the DIY Dollar Tree Rope Basket came out. Very simple and easy to make and they look pretty cute too.

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
The House house

• Dl.5660408

Those are sooo cute! How big are they?

• Barb

An idea. Use thread, either the same color or an accent color to wrap around the ends of the rope, about 1/2-3/4 inch. This way it won’t fray and add a little different touch to this project. Love it

• Francine Bowhay

I need some ideas from everyone.

I have 3 metal 12" diameter wash tubes on my bathroom wall. Bottom against wall.

Besides towels or ivy, what else could I put in them?

• Juanita Valarinos

What about tooth paste, face scrub,deodorant,etc. Keeps all off the counter and looks so neat. Also hair accessories.