Sea Urchin Inspired Decor

$2

Sea urchin(or as I call them, spiky balls are a great way to add some dimension to a gallery wall or add drama as a stand-alone piece of décor. Perfect so called show stoppers in any vignettes Spiky balls are my all time favorite pieces in the home decor. I have made them in so many styles and colors,

items you need to complete this project are super inexpensive

• toothpicks
  • styrofoam ball
  • spray paint

Are you ready to make with me super easy as super cool home decor piece ? Let's begin with our styrofoam ball. I like to cut mine in half and spray paint with my gold spray paint

As you are at it make sure to paint your toothpicks too

As you can see I painted my toothpicks gold and black. All is dry now so it is time to get busy with assembly process

Start inserting your toothpicks at the bottom of your cut styrofoam. You could actually dip a tip of toothpick into glue before inserting into Styrofoam to secure your install.

as you noticed I started my row with black toothpicks first and then overlapped with gold ones in the second row

Just because I wanted to keep my sea urchin mostly black not much of gold colored ones where added.

I am trying to overlap a bit with gold pieces but not too much since I already have few gold accents in my decor.

There are so many ways you can incorporate this piece into your home decor ... I really love how they look on my stacked books I made couple months earlier. If you like to find out more details about that project you can read about it HERE

Don't you think my sea urchin inspired spike craft fit perfectly with my drawers? That was another super simple project. How to build Shabby Chic Drawers

I absolutely love that spiky home decor ! They are soo addicting

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Agnes Chrzanowska

• Stella Feeley

It looks like you used flat and round toothpicks right? How hard was it to spray paint them?

• Ironhorse68450

That's what I did...works alot better & is easier...they are so cute..Thanks Agnes!