DIY Cordless New Sew No Heat Roman Shade

$10

It’s not often you find a DIY project that costs nearly nothing, but ends up making a swoon-worthy impact on your space. Double points if it adds function and meets a need! Our powder room has a window that gives a birds eye view to the neighbor. Not ideal when you’re trying to take a view moments to tend to some private business. Thankfully this project was super easy, super cheap, and super fast at taking care of the problem.

Before you start you will need to measure your window and determine what size blinds you need, and how much fabric.

SUPPLIES

Create the Hem

Start by measuring your fabric out and folding back the hem so that it is just slightly wider than your blinds. 

Iron the Hem

Iron the hem to keep the measurement marked.

Apply Peel & Stick Hem Tape

Apply your peel and stick hem tap along the hem line, peel off the back, and fold over the fabric to secure. I like to take my scissors and run the handle on top of the fabric to press the two side and the tape together well. You could also lightly run your iron over it to make sure it’s set, but it’s not required. 

Create Gap for Shade Folds

Next you will want to determine how far apart you will want your shade gaps and then cut out the blinds between. I kept every 5th blind, and cut out the 4 before it. Be careful not to cut the strings. I found these ripped easily once you make the top cut. 

You only need to cut out the gaps the length of your window. 

Glue Fabric on Top Piece

Next, glue your fabric to the top piece front. 

Then wrap the fabric over the top and glue in place.

Glue Fabric to Blinds

Then apply glue to the blinds, turn them over, and press onto the fabric to secure. 

Glue Fabric to Bottom Piece

Lastly glue your fabric to the bottom piece to cover. 

Let Dry

Let dry for an hour. 

Done!

Hang according to the blinds installation instructions and enjoy your new beautiful shade!! 

For more home inspiration and DIYs visit my blog   The Barn Collective, and don't miss out on the play by play action on my   Instagram!

These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners

• Lorna Farbstein

Why do you cut off so many blind slats?

• Jackie Woznitski Ellis

Do they have to be cordless blinds? How would corded blinds work, if they would.

• Edith

It seems like the corded blinds would work since the vertical cords that hold the blind together (and the ones that would let the blind down and up if it is corded) are not cut.

• Lytaunie

These are the exact colors I wanted in my bathroom. Where did you find your vanity and brushed gold fixtures?