Navy Modern Desk

$40

Sometimes it just takes a slight change up of color to give a piece new life.

Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials. Be sure to subscribe if you like what you see to get all my tutorials delivered to your inbox!

Banged up but great style

This desk caught my eye when I saw it on an online sale site. I like the minimalistic sleek style.

The hardware was removed as step 1 then on to cleaning. It did take a bit to clean as there was the grossest underside from someone with a full nose who chose to wipe it all under the desk! I chipped it off and sucked up with a shop vac then scrubbed with paper towel and I have to say I did gag multiple times. Hands down this is the biggest/most disgusting cleaning job in over 7 years. But with perseverance and a final cleaning with cleaner and damp cloth the desk was ready for its makeover.

Paint it navy

There were a few dinged edges that lightly sanded with a sanding sponge and rewiped and touched up with a black oil pen. I chose classic navy from  Jolie Paint  as the color update.

Wax it

Jolie's clear wax was brushed all over using their fabulous wax brush then wiped and buffed. I love using dark wax to add dimension and depth to this color. Jolie Paint's black wax was again using a dedicated wax brush for black wax around the edges and through the flat top for a mottled blended look. 

Clean hardware

The hardware was cleaned and put back on

Complete

And here it is looking fabulous don't you think? The full detailed tutorial is linked below.

Beauty

It will be multi purpose in the customers home as a desk and luggage rack for guests!

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Creative Moments

• Timothy
    Timothy

What kind of snot would stoop to sullying the underside of furniture like that?

• Creative Moments
      Creative Moments

BAHAHAHA Oh my goodness this was the biggest test of my 8 year furniture biz.. from the amount globbed and dried under there I am guessing someone with about a gallon of snot!! It was the most disgusting job ever!

• Sandra L Warren
    Sandra L Warren

Nice work! Looks more gray than navy but it looks great! Also I am so over the distressed white farmhouse look.

• Creative Moments
      Creative Moments

thank you, monitors are tricky to have a consistent true color but trust me it is navy. I love this classic color in homes. I do love farmhouse but love to make it colored farmhouse too. This however I would say more modern, right?

• Trixie Liebowitz
    Trixie Liebowitz

Good job and good for you for even taking it on! Now it looks like a very expensive, high end piece.