Unique Fun Pink Neon Halloween Decor

$10

The colors you normally associate with Halloween are black, orange and white. I like to be a bit different and decided to deviate from the norm with this unique pink neon illuminated Halloween Decor. It was when I shared some wonderfull free vintage skull illustrations on my blog that I got this idea.

If you still prefer the traditional Halloween colors you can make this craft just as easily in those colors too.

Besides the skull print out which you can download for free from the blog at the end all you need is

An old picture frame - I painted mine pink to match the decor

Black foam board

El wire in neon pink about 2m - this is easy to buy online (in other colours if you prefer). Make sure you buy one with a battery pack.

Brush super glue

Paper glue

Cut the black foam board to fit the frame.

Print out the free skull drawing from the blog and using a paper knife cut it out.

Stick the skull onto the foam board. I know it looks spooky enough as it is but the next stage makes it really fun.

Using a wooden skewer make holes in the skull at key points (full details on the blog).

Thread the El wire from the back of the frame though to the front.

Using the brush super glue, stick the wire around the edge of the skull, the eyes, nose and mouth.

Tape any loose wire to the back of the frame.

All that is left to do now is to switch the lights on. I have this illuminated skull hanging in my hallway ready for Halloween.

There are more photos and different skull drawings to choose from on the blog.

Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Claire Armstrong

• Thea
    Thea

Claire, I’m confused. Are you pillarbox or picturebox?

• Claire Armstrong
      Claire Armstrong

I'm both I have 2 websites one focused on mainly upcycling and crafts Pillarboxblue and the other Pictureboxblue which is full of wonderful vintage images with the odd project showing an alternative way you can use those images.

• Carol
    Carol

So cool and so many possibilities!

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

Now that is pretty cool. some times you just get tired of the same old spooky or the same colors year after year. Every body likes to have a change. Thank you for sharing.