Flower Pot Frankenstein

$25

Many of you have seen my flower pot creations, my scarecrow, snowman, santa, & Uncle Sam. I'm at it again creating a flower pot Frankenstein, and wait until you see what I'm using him for! You can see more of my crazy creations here

Prep the Flower Pots

I'm using 10" terra cotta flower pots. Make sure to remove the labels from the flower pots. Then wipe them down with a wet towel to remove any dirt or debris on them. This is important because if they are dirty the paint won’t stick properly. Let them dry completely before you start painting.

Paint the first flower pot

The type of paint you choose depends on where your flower pot Frankenstein is going to live. If it's going to be inside, then you can simply use an acrylic paint. However, if it is going to live outside then you need to use a paint that can withstand the elements.

I painted this first flower pot with Folk Art Chalkboard Paint.

I painted the next flower pot with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color Irish.

I painted the inside rim and top of the green flower pot with the black chalkboard paint.

Add the hair

I cut a strip of dollar store table cloth. I folded it up and cut little triangles on one side.

I used my hot glue gun and glued the hair into place on the top rim of the green flower pot.

Add A Face

I drew a face on with pencil first. Next I used a combination of paint and markers to trace the face.

Connect the Flower Pots

I added silicone to the top of the flower pot.

I placed the plain pot on top of the black flower pot.

Add the shirt

I bought a 5T purple long sleeve shirt from Walmart. I cut zig zags on the bottom of the shirt.

I slid the shirt onto the plain flower pot. I stuffed the sleeves with a couple grocery bags. I hot glued the hands to look like he was putting his hands in his pockets.

I added silicone to the top of the shirt flower pot and placed the head on top.

Options for his head

You can place a hat on his head, plant fall flowers, add faux flowers, or perhaps some branches.

I'll place him on my porch for everyone to enjoy.

On Halloween, I'll be placing candy for trick or treaters in his head.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Chas' Crazy Creations