7 Steps to Organizing Under the Bathroom Sink

$40

Under the bathroom sink is one of the hardest places to organize and keep organized, in my opinion. After a bunch of trial and error, I think I finally found an organizational system that works.

Determine your main problems

I had 4 main problems with the way this was organized before.

a) My every day stuff was not placed in a quick grab and go type of way.

b) I was housing all kinds of weird nonsense that I hadn't even used all year.

c) I couldn't tell you what I had or didn't have because of the black hole this was forming,

d) Every time I had to locate something, things would fall out and I had no system for where they actually fit, so I would be in a hurry or get annoyed and just shove stuff back in to move on.

Take everything out

To tackle this mess, I started by taking everything out. This is my number one rule when I'm organizing a space. If I don't know what I have and can see it all laid out in front of me, then I can't actually organized it well enough to stay that way.

Separate each item by type

I separated everything into categories, such as hair products, eye-specific, teeth-specific, face, travel, and a few other random assortments.

I even had a garbage pile for things that I didn't use or need anymore. My rule is if you don't use it, lose it.

Consider frequency of use

It dawned on me in this process that I kept taking my travel items out of the travel bag and putting them into a different bin every time I returned from traveling - What a waste of time!

So I decided to house all my toiletries in the actual bag I would use to travel! Brilliant!

I did the same with corralling every day items and occasional/replenishment items.

After creating an inventory list, I chose the right organizers for the job

Here are the questions I asked myself before buying or reusing an organizer:

• Will it fit under your sink easily?
  • Will it house all the items in the specific category?
  • Will you need it to have stacking capabilities?
  • Will it need a lid?
  • Will you need additional shelving to give the organizers height?
  • How pretty do you want these organizers/shelves to be?
Lastly, create your masterpiece

What do you think? Leave a comment below… I would love to know your biggest issues with keeping under the bathroom sink organized!

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Christin | My Homier Home