How to remove melted micro fiber towel from the bottom of my stove?

DeeKmdreamerNick Ornitz
+17

Long day, decided to make frozen pizza. Went to put it on the rack, somehow it ended cheese and pepperoni side down on the bottom of my brand new gas stove. In a panic I reach for a towel to get it out, not thinking, it is obviously going to melt and it did. Wondering if anyone knows how to get that melted micro fiber off of there? Also a good product to clean the burnt mess from the actual pizza as well. Thanks so much!!

• First, contact the manufacturer and see what their recommendations are. Then, try warming the oven again, turn it off and gently scrape off as much as you can. Another option is to place a bag of ice over it to make it brittle. Carefully scrape it off with a razor blade scraper. Good luck, I hope one of these options works for you.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

I agree, call the manufacturer with your situation, one thought would be use your self cleaning oven function, but there could be a chance of a fire.

Take out the racks and clean the clumpy sticky stuff with a plastic putty knife or store card.

You also could do the low setting if heat, shut off the oven, put a bowl of ammonia and shut the oven door. Let the ammonia set overnight. Next day it should be loosened to wipe off. Have good ventilation and wear gloves.

You might want to consider carry out pizza or a pizza stone.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. Since it’s major appliance I would suggest calling the manufacturer and get their suggestions. You wouldn’t want to to cause damage scratches to it exacerbating to further damage while trying to clean up the unfortunate mess.

• This has happened to all of us at sometime in our cooking lives. One time my glasses fell off and slid to the far right corner of the oven. Luckily i grabbed a pair of tongs and fished them out and didn't suffer too much damage.

Since it is brand new, consult the owners manual and call the customer service department to see what they suggest.

Good luck and so sorry this happened to you.

• Em
    Em

Try gently removing it with a razor blade made for scraping stickers on glass. It should come off just don't use force. The oven should be a baked on finish of porcelain inside so the blade should remove it.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

Claire

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the oven to see what they suggest to remove these stains? you wouldn't want to void your warranty and you said the stove was new

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Claire, hope this helps you out,

For a regular electric oven: Place a bag of ice directly on the melted plastic to chill it and make it more brittle. Then carefully, using a razor-blade scraper, lift off the puddle of plastic. This procedure will not hurt an interior porcelain finish. For a regular gas oven: First turn off the gas.

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtT9h6HHH4

• Linda Jones
    Linda Jones

Sodium bicarbonate sprinkled on thickly overnight spray it slightly with fairy liquid or dish soap I think you Americans call it . mixed with water so bicarb is damp . Next morning get a wire scrubber put it in very hot water and rub gently it should come off but if it does not all come off repeat one more time .

It may help to heat the oven slightly just before you start to scrub .

I melted plastic on mine bright red took me seven attempts with the Bicarb so when I have cleaned my oven or grill i put teaspoon of bicarb into a small bowl of water and wipe it all around the oven grill stops stains browning and it wipes off so easily my cooker has eight ring burners and 4 ovens two grills twelve years old and looks brand new

This should work for you .

• Simple Nature Decor
    Simple Nature Decor

I used dryers sheets, which the oven is hot and it worked

• Looks like you are going to have to scrape it off. Try making a baking soda paste and a crumpled ball of aluminum foil to scratch it off

• Ouch, what a day, so sorry! You might try contacting the manufacturer to see what they say in case all else fails.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Try using \oven Cleaner and if that doesn't work use a wallpaper scraper and a cloth.

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

Check your owner's manual. You may just be able to use the self clean feature.

• Maura White
    Maura White

The burned mess can be easily cleaned with baking soda! Just sprinkle it on, spray with some water, and let it sit for a good half hour. You could try the same from the cloth, but I'm honestly not sure of the results for that one.

Betsy

Hi Claire: I'd try turning the oven back on to warm and see if you can remelt the towel enough to scrape it up with a plastic putty knife. Or, use a metal one, but be careful not to scratch your stove. As for the burned pizza ick, what I use is a mixture of vinegar and cream of tartar. The dry stuff, not what you put on your fish. Make it thick like peanut butter, you will need only a couple of drops of vinegar to about a tablespoon of cream of tartar. Use in a cold oven. Spread this on the burnt offerings and let it sit for about 20 seconds. Try it on any left over towel, too. Then, use a plastic putty knife to scrape it up. Use plastic so that you don't scratch your stove. You may have to do it a couple of times if the ick is thick. This works on anything that you have burned on anything else, pots, pans, stove drip pans, etc. Yeah, ask me how I know :( Good luck

• Nick Ornitz
    Nick Ornitz

Hi Claire,

One method to try: spread baking soda paste over the spot, then pour vinegar over the surface. Wait for the baking soda and vinegar to react - they will fizz. This should help loosen the debris, so it is easy to scrub off. The melted microfiber looks like it'll be difficult to get off with this method. If you'd like to get input directly from an appliance pro you can share your picture or schedule a video chat with a pro (for free) at https://hellodwelling.com

Good luck!

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Have you tried to scrap it off with a razor

• Dee
    Dee

Spray ammonia to soak the fiber cloth then use a plastic scraper to scrape off the residue. Do not use metal as it will scratch the oven.