- Wood The Length & Width You Want For The Shelves (I used (2)1×6 pieces)
- Marble Contact Paper
- Sharp Box Cutter
- Shelf Brackets
Marble Shelves: Easy DIY Contact Paper Shelves
Make These Easy DIY Marble Shelves For Cheap Using Contact Paper
Welcome back Y’all to another round of “how can I make something cheap look expensive?”
This happens to be my absolute favorite game.
My dream has always been to add sleek marble shelves to the bathroom to store all the important bathroom necessities.
Obviously marble was not in my teeny tiny budget, so I can to get creative!
- First you need to figure out how long, wide & thick you want your shelves to be. My vision was to have wide skinny shelves so I cut (2) pieces of 1×6 down to size.
2. Next lay your piece of wood onto the contact paper & trace around it. You will do this twice, once for the top of shelf & one for the bottom.
3. Carefully cut out the contact paper. Remove the paper backing & start applying the contact paper directly to the wood, smoothing it down as you go.
4. Unless you are super amazing with scissors & tracing you will have a little excess sticking out over the edges. The best way to remove it is with a super sharp box cutter.
It will cut like butter as long as the blade is new!
5. Follow the same steps for the bottom side of the bathroom shelf.
6. Once my marble shelves for the bathroom were done, I hung up these super cute (& cheap) metal brackets to hold them!
That’s it! The easiest marble wall shelves ever & the most budget savvy!
These bathroom marble shelves really elevated the entire room & now I have somewhere to store all the cute bathroom necessities & decor!
Check out the complete bathroom room renovation & let me know what your favorite project of the challenge is!
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go