Octagon Picture Tiles

$8

We take so many snapshots with our phones but do we actually DO anything with these pictures? Instead of simply sending them off to cloud storage, create a collage of octagon picture tiles. These honeycomb shapes are not only trending but they can be enjoyed in smaller spaces, like cubicles and cramped desks (where you wouldn’t have room for a gallery wall of pictures).

You’ll need: (affiliate links on my blog earn proceeds that are all donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations ❤ )

* A piece of octagon mesh-backed tile mosaics

* Scissors

* Pen

* Mod Podge or other comparable craft glue

* Paint brush

* Picture hanging strips

* And photos – send your favorite shots to a local photo department or online photo print service for printing

First, separate the octagon tiles from the mesh with the scissors.

Next, place the tile on top of the portion of the image you’d like on the octagon.

Using the pen, trace around the outside parameter of the tile.

You don’t want the marking to stay on the picture so cut just inside and along it, all the way around.

Snip as needed until you are happy with how it looks against the tile. I cut mine a little smaller so I would have a white border around the picture.

Using the paint brush and the Mod Podge or other comparable craft glue, brush a layer of glue on top of the tile.

Add the cut picture on top and center while the glue is still wet.

Allow to fully dry.

Once dry, flip the tile over, remove side of the backing strip, and press a picture hanging strip on the back. Apply pressure for 60 seconds and allow to cure (as per the directions. I’m using the Command brand so that’s what my directions say).

Once cured, remove the other backing strip and adhere where you’d like to display the tiles. Please follow the directions on the hanging strips as they don’t work on all surfaces. You could also hot glue a magnet on the back of the tile to display on metal surfaces.

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
OnTheFly...DIY

• Goldbeargirl
    Goldbeargirl

Very cute and simple! Love it

• Jenny
    Jenny

Very nice idea. By the way they are octagons.

• OnTheFly...DIY
      OnTheFly...DIY

OMG - you are right! That's what I get for doing too many DIYs at once, lol! I just fixed all the 'hexagons' to 'octagons' - thank you!