Easy Diorama Igloo Ornament

$5

I started working on this DIY Diorama Igloo Ornament last week and finally finished it. It’s not hard or time consuming, but I kept setting it down and forgetting about it. Plus, I normally like to do my crafts in the kitchen and now that the kids are using it for school, I’m finding it harder to relax and enjoy my craft time. But, I had the idea for this ornament a couple weeks ago and i was so happy to finally bring the idea to life.

Head over to the dollar tree and grab a plastic terrarium globe and some craft foam. Carefully, cut the foam into small cubes. Use your hot glue gun to glue the cubes all the way around the terrarium.

When all the cubes are glued to the terrarium, add some white paint in between the cubes and let dry. This would also be a good time to paint the inside of the ornament white.

Add Mod Podge and glitter to your igloo (inside and out) and let dry. Add a final top coat of Mod Podge to protect the glitter and let dry.

Use your hot glue gun to add small figures to the inside of your ornament. We once spent $1,000 trying to get Scout a panda from a quarter machine. We never got the panda, but we ended up with about 500 polar bears, which were perfect for this project.

Add a ribbon for hanging, any other decorations you want and you’ll have the most adorable DIY Diorama Igloo Ornament!

• Plastic terrarium  (dollar store)
  • Craft foam
  • Craft knife

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Monique
    Monique

Would be cute too to add a little light inside :). Love it

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom
      Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I was thinking about that also. There are so many things you can do with these that the possibilities are endless! Thank you so much!

• AnnM
    AnnM

This is just the cutest ornament! I have a lot of glass ornament balls like you used and have been wanting to make little diorama ornaments. Am having a dickens of a time finding the little figures to put in. I guess I'll be saving up quarters for the machines! Love your project!