How to Make a Fresh Magnolia Mixed Branch Wreath

$15

This easy to make fresh magnolia wreath is perfect for the fall season, the holidays and the winter months. I’ll show you how I incorporated not only magnolia leaves from the tree in our yard, but mixed branches of all kinds and dried oranges.

Step 1: Bundle about 3 to 4 branches of your tree clippings, and trim them so they are all the same height. Cut a long piece of floral wire and wrap tightly around the base of the clippings to secure. Use one continuous piece of wire for the entire wreath, making sure to anchor the wire to the wreath frame by twisting it back around itself to secure.

Step 2: Wrap each bundle around the wreath form with floral wire, overlapping them so that the stems are covered by the leaves of the next bundle. Place slightly offset of the tree branches then secure to the wreath with wire.

Step 3: Continue making the greenery sets, and working around the wreath, layering one set on top of the other as you work around the wreath. I switched off using a clump of greenery, followed by magnolia leaves.

Step 4: (Optional) *Use this step if you are going to use dried oranges on your wreath.Using the floral wire, create dried orange bundles (each with three slices) by threading the wire through the orange slices. Gently twist the floral wire to secure each bundle. Leave enough wire on your bundles so you can attach them to the wreath. Attach the dried orange bundles throughout the wreath.

Step 5: You can add ribbon, bows, pinecones or anything else to your magnolia wreath to create and personalize it and make it your very own.

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Shiplap and Shells

• Gloria
    Gloria

Luckily, I do have a magnolia tree, but I was wondering how long will the wreath last without too much wilting?