Upcycled/Repurposed Valentine's Day Decor

$10

I love one of a kind holiday decor pieces, like my thrifted cutting board and coaster holder creation!

This is the starting point for my project. A coaster holder (the coasters were missing) and a cutting board.

First I had to heat up the duck with a hair dryer to loosen the glue before I could pry it out without damage to the wood.

Next I brushed two coats of Chalked Paint in Chiffon Cream onto both pieces.

I then added my Old Sign Stencils Buffalo Check stencil to the cutting board, on the diagonal, with Decoart Chalky Paint in Rouge.

If you like buffalo checks, I also stenciled wooden hearts with this stencil here.

I pounced on the word love in lower case adhesive letter stencils with black craft paint.

Next, small hex chicken wire was added to the hole from the back with staples, and the coaster holder was attached with screws from the cutting board back.

I lightly distressed the coaster with 220 grit sandpaper, and I sealed my project with Deco Art Creme Wax. 

I added a sawtooth hanger to the back top for hanging, and red tulips, but Valentine cards or candy would also be great additions.

Here is another one of my Valentine's Day Projects made with a cutting board.

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Organized Clutter