Potato Stamped Wall Hanging

$0

That’s right I said potato!! If you can carve out a design on a potato (anyone can) then you can make your own art piece!!

I chose a floral design and colors that can take me through summer.

It really doesn’t matter what kind of potato or size or shape. Slice your potato in half to start with.

I then used a pencil to draw my shape on the potato. Pressing firmly, keep tracing the shape until it’s carved in.

I then used a pairing knife to cut around my shape.

I added a design in the middle to add some interest. Once you have your shapes cut out, wrap the stamps in paper towels and try to draw some of the moisture off of the potatoes.

I played around with the colors first to make sure they worked together.

I then cut a piece of drop cloth to size.

Ok now you’re ready to stamp. I found it easiest to use a brush to paint the paint on rather than stamping it in the paint. Be sure to try on a scrap piece first so you can judge how much paint to load on your stamp.

I stamped one color at a time.

I didn’t want to stamp the whole fabric piece because I wanted it to look more like art as opposed to a piece of fabric hanging.

Once dry I used a permanent black marker to outline all my shapes.

This is the perfect piece for this spot in my bedroom. My bedroom is very neutral and this project gives a pop of color for spring/summer.

I hope you enjoyed this easy peasy project 😊.

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See

• Lailasultani
    Lailasultani

I used to do this project with my students, they loved it.

• Dawn Freeman
    Dawn Freeman

That's AWESOME!! Like a few others here, I did this when I was younger, but mine didn't look nearly as good as yours! Thanks for the inspiration! 🤩