How I Used Old Holiday Cards and Windows to Create Wall Art

4 materials
1 Day

I have had these old windows sitting in my garage for the better part of a year that I found in the trash! When I saw them, I just new I could use them for something beautiful.

But first I needed to clean them up. I liked the rustic look but these windows were absolutely filthy.

I started by scrapping what a could of the old paint. Then I used a orbital sander to sand as much of the frame. Finally I used a corner sander to get in between each pane.

I didn't worry to much about getting every speck of paint off since I did want a rustic look.

After I sanded what I could. I used soapy water and a brush to clean the windows as best I could and finally windex and paper towel.

I don't know about you, but I save all of our holiday cards and thought this was a perfect way to frame all of them over the years.

I laid them all out on the now clean windows, I decided to do one horizonal and one vertical.

Then I used a little tape in each corner and pressed it down into the glass.

I love having all our memories displayed instead of laying in a drawer somewhere.

If you have been following me for a while, you may recognize this mantle! This was a DIY too!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 4 comments
Next