Faux Beam for Room Separation

1 Material
$250

Do you have a long wall that connects two rooms together in your home and have trouble defining the space? Living in a raised ranch, or split entry as some people call them, I find this is a problem between the living room and dining room.

Last year I worked with Ornamental to replace my small, ugly beam on the ceiling that covered the seam where our modular home came together. The faux beam is beautiful and for the last year I have been pondering extending the same beam down the wall to give a sense of separation visually but subtly.

What I love about these faux beams they are very DIY friendly and easy to install and everything you need for the install is included…except basic tools.

The whole installation took 1-2 hours. The wood piece that comes with the faux beam is attached to the wall making sure it’s level and then screwed into the studs. If studs are not available wall anchors are also provided.

Once the wood is up the faux beam simply slips over the top and is screwed into the wood in the predrilled holes in the beams. That’s it!

I love the subtle way it separates the room, but doesn’t take up space but lets each room have it’s own distinction!

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Tara Boettger