Amber Thach
Amber Thach
  • Des Moines, IA

An Unwanted Dresser Drawer!

My 7 year old daughter and I were in a crafty mood and thought what better way to search for a project than going to Habitat Restore? We found this old drawer that appeared to go inside a hutch. We talked and talked about what we could do with it.
upcycle planter dresser drawer repurpose, container gardening, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Next we found a great piece of hardware, legs and paint!
Our baby kittens already loved this! Still not knowing what it was going to be used for, we continued!
We glazed the inside and painted the out, antiqued it a bit, not much.
The final piece! Hmmmm, what will it be used for?
We figured it out! Well, our Johnny boy did! After awhile non of our four cats used it so it sat and sat, took up space and sat in our garage for almost a year. I didn't want to throw it away yet, and finally I came up with a great idea! A planter box!
I'm very excited for this piece.
Once the flowers grow bigger and get to full size I will probably extend the legs to go better in that spot!

• Nelda

LOL..I've got to start remembering to get my camera out & click!! Guess I dont think about it unless my daughter asks for one or two...Next time!....I promise. Theres one thing that I will NEVER DO AGAIN...make planters from old tires. when you have carpel tunnel..not a super idea.

• Itsmemic

what a great idea ! And to highten the legs as things grow? Brilliant !!