Easy DIY Fall Decor: Basket Pumpkins

$10-15

It's time to decorate for fall! I was staring at a basket I had, while trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my fall decor. I was thinking of using it for flowers, but I turned it upside to study it some more, and a light bulb went on. A basket pumpkin!
diy fall decor basket pumpkins, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
All you need are a few items, some of which are shown below. They are so easy to make, and will add some serious cuteness to your fall decor.
It doesn't take long to make these. I started by spray painting the pumpkins different colors.
Then, while those dried, I found some thicker branches from a tree, and cut them to use as the stems. Once the pumpkins were dried, I glued the stems on top.
For the leaves, I drew a leaf in the shape I wanted on some green cardstock. My paper was single sided, so I had to cut out the leaf on the crease so I would have "two" leaves, and I folded them in half and taped, like above. I taped 3 finished leaves together to make one larger leaf, and glued it next to the stems of each pumpkin.
I wrapped some green wire around a pen to get the coil, and then wrapped that around the stem on the pumpkins, and voila! You have an adorable basket pumpkin that will get so many compliments!
I just love the rustic feel of them. Hop on over to my blog to see more!

Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness