15 Minute Halloween Craft: Spooky Black Sock Cat

Make a quick Halloween craft with your kids using an old black sock, buttons and ribbon. It's a 15 minute project that's perfect for an afternoon or a party activity!
The finished spooky black sock cat - he makes a perfect toy, or make a whole bunch for a neat Halloween display.
I had just cleaned out all the single lonely socks from my husband's sock drawer, and decided to recycle the loners into cats. You can use socks of any size/color for this project--variety is good!
Cut your sock in an arc near the heel, leaving room for pointy ears.
Stuff full of Poly-fill, first with a ball at the bottom for the belly, and another at the top for the head.
Whip stitch the top closed.
Add button eyes, felt nose, and a ribbon to finish. Optionally, you can stitch in some wiskers with white thread. And then he's done! For more details, kid crafts and Halloween fun, be sure to visit the Frog Prince Paperie website!
Paula Biggs

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 52 comments
Next