Plank Kitchen Backsplash Using Peel and Stick Flooring

I was looking for an inexpensive way to cover the backsplash area in our kitchen and stumbled upon the coolest product ever! I grabbed some peel and stick faux wood flooring and took it home...the result was so cool that I had to share!
I've been obsessed with plank walls since they started popping up all over the internet! I really wanted to try one for myself, but wasn't sure where I would add one. So, one day when walking through Home Depot, I found these peel and stick faux wood flooring and thought they would work for a small space and weren't permanent, so why not give it a try?
You can simply cut them to the size you need and peel the sticker off the back, then stick them to your wall.
I staggered them and stuck them up, then painted them a light grey.
So, now I have the perfect plank wall backsplash! It was super inexpensive and I finished it within an hour and a half! You don't have to paint them if you don't want, that's just the look I was going for.

Mom4Real

• Pam Hurlock Fitch

This is just what I've been looking for to use on my kitchen floor. I didn't know what to ask for when I got to the hardware store!!! I saw it done on Rachel Ray while I was recouping from a broken leg. I remember the floor needs to be very clean and the gal used a roiling pin to press the planks down instead of a rented machine. Her floor looked fabulous!! It's just me and the dog with few if any visitors, so think it should last? I'd like to put it on the bathroom too but (1) I'm concerned about moisture (2) Concerned about cutting around stuff. Do you are a tutorial on how to cut vinyl, tile, etc. around stuff like the toilet and tub???
  • B

i tried this but the tiles kept coming loose did you have this issue, any suggestions
  • Nana

whar did you do to your counter Top?
    • Bizzee Bee

No, bc the last picture and the picture before that were taken at the sink - you can see the faucet in each picture. The countertop is different in each picture. So yes, what did you do to the countertop?

• Jade Towe

Will absolutely try this!! Marvelous idea for an older house update! Thanx!!!

• Gale O'Neal

That is what we did in our new home. We have grey walls and I used gray flooring. Only thing is because it is by the stove, I had to put finishing nails in places that wanted to come loose.