Atta Girl Amy
Atta Girl Amy
  • Greensboro, NC

Hand-painted furniture

Let me take you back a year. It's one of the hottest days of summer, but I have a "project."
I'm set up in my driveway, fair-skinned and un-sunscreened in the midday sun - with a paintbrush and a new can of Paris Gray chalk paint, ready to tackle a $5 yard sale table.
We had been in our new house just a few months, and I was on a decorating tear. Inspired by the furniture facelifts I'd seen on blogs, I
Duck egg blue "ballerina" table with stained top
Beachy striped table painted with Annie Sloan, CeCe Caldwell and handmade chalk paint
Betsy Ross handpainted chair
Betsy Ross handpainted chair
Antique buffet painted in Duck Egg Blue and Old White Chalk Paint
Trio of pastel tables, including a sewing table painted pale yellow and a French provincial nightstand.
Atta Girl Amy

• Jane

Were the table finishes wood or Formica? If the latter what must be done to prepare for paint?