6 Landscaping Tips for Small Yards

Approximately one year ago today we moved into a new home with a very small backyard. We chose to not have grass installed into the backyard. Instead, we created a water-wise xeriscape landscape.
Tip #1 - Vision
Know how you want your yard to feel and how you want to feel when you are standing in your landscape.
Tip #2 - Color
Color is the key when setting the mood for any garden. An English-style garden feels entirely different from a Japanese garden. Both add color as an element.
Tip #3 - Movement ties a landscape together. Choose plants that move AND add movement with hardscape.
For the rest of my tips, see my blog post here: http://bit.ly/1sX5mvv

The Seasoned Homemaker

• Jade Brunet

We are excited to be re-landscaping our yard to increase the property value of our house. I love what you said about how color is the key when setting a mood for any garden. Also, I had never thought about the importance of movement in a yard until reading this article. I am excited to try these suggestions, thanks. http://www.advancedlandscapesolutionsinc.com/services.html
  • Lindsay Dillon

I absolutely love the fact that I have found this article. The tips are very useful and appreciated. What initially grabbed my attention was the fact that the design layout while for your backyard is pretty much the layout of the FRONT of my property. Although the drive comes in straight flanked by rocks lining it as well as trees, then splits- much like your "path" thats my driveway so to speak.

Not to mention our soil in central Texas is less than favorable. Ty again for a great post.