DIY PVC Bracelet Display Stand

$0

My oldest niece loves doing crafts. This past Christmas, she received a Rainbow Loom. Since then, she has been addicted to making rubber band bracelets, charms, belts, hair ties, pretty much anything you can imagine that could be made out of rubber bands.
She has an entire tackle box filled of her creations. She has made many for her friends, but she has also started selling some. She needed an easy way to display the bracelets. I saw the perfect solution at the State Fair this summer. A 4-H member had made a stand out of a paper towel roll, a dowel, and a wood block. My niece and I made this stand with materials that I had around the house.
For more details, please check out my blog.
Here are the directions so you can make a cute and easy way to display and organize your bracelets.
Needed Supplies:
PVC Pipe or Empty Paper Towel Roll
Dowel
Block of Wood
Fabric (Optional)
Drill
Wood Glue
Hot Glue Gun and Glue (If you add fabric)
Saw (If you need to cut your wood block, dowel, or PVC to size.)
Paint or Stain (If you want to paint or stain the base and/or dowel.)
Step 1. Gather your supplies.
Initially, we planned on using an empty paper towel roll. But, we noticed that I had a piece of PVC pipe that I had leftover from a dog bed that I had made. The PVC pipe is obviously much stronger, so we decided to use that.
Step 2. Cut the PVC pipe, dowel, and wood block down to your desired size. We did not measure anything for this part. She just estimated the lengths and we made the cuts using a miter saw.
Step 3. Using a spade bit, drill a hole into the block of wood to fit the size of your dowel. Don't drill all the way through the board, just enough to hold the dowel.
Step 4. Drill a hole in the PVC pipe or cut a hole in the paper towel roll if you are using that. Again, we did not do any measuring, she just pointed at where she wanted to drill and we drilled there.
Step 5. Insert your dowel into the PVC pipe. At this point, it is just to make sure it fits. Do not glue it in place.
Be sure to get a good look to make sure it fits!
Step 6. Put a small amount of wood glue into the drilled hole in the base. Insert the dowel and PVC into the wood block.
Step 7. If you want to add fabric to your display, take the PVC Pipe off the stand and wrap it in the fabric of your choice. Glue the fabric in place with hot glue. You probably want to add fabric if you are using a paper towel roll. My niece did not want to add fabric to her display.
Step 8. Insert the dowel into the wrapped pipe and glue it in place.
Step 9. Put your bracelets on your new Bracelet Display Stand and enjoy!

Jaime LaPlant

• Richelle More

What diameter is the PVC pipe

• Penny-Marie

if you want to wear the bracelet that is way inside it near the upright post how do you get at it without taking all the other ones off?

• Jaime LaPlant

Hi Penny-Marie, If your bracelets have a latch, you could just undo the latch of the bracelet to remove one that is located on the inside. If the bracelets do not have a latch, you would have to remove the bracelets on the outside to get to it.