Easy DIY Lazy Susans for Less

$13

Commercial Lazy Susans are expensive, but you can easily make one yourself for half the cost!
Adding Lazy Susans to your pantry instantly adds storage and utilizes awkward spaces more effectively.
Commercial Lazy Susans run anywhere from $25 and up. I made these for half the cost and only a couple of hours.
In your local big box hardware store, they sell Lazy Susan kits. The one we purchased was a little over $5. However, it didn't come with screws, so have someone help you to match the holes with the appropriate sized screw. We purchased 3 rounds of wood found in the trim section of the hardware store for less than $10 each and cut scraps of MDF to fit the Lazy Susan kit. First, measure and mark where you want to attach it to the wood round. We predrilled holes into both MDF pieces and the round.
Next, screw one side of the lazy susan to the MDF you've cut.
Align it with the predrilled holes on the Wood Round and drill the base to the round. Notice how you have to angle the it to be able to affix it.
That's it! Super Easy!
Pretty up your pantry with jars and baskets.
For more details, visit my blog at http://notinggrace.blogspot.com

Noting Grace

• Lee McAlister

I'm still wondering about the $13. The turntable kit was a little over 5, the wood round was less than ten. BUT, you had to buy screws and you just happened to have some spare pieces of MDF laying about? You're rapidly approaching $20. Big box stores don't sell single screws, just multipacks and the smallest piece of MDF you could buy would likely be about 2 X 3 feet. Unless you really want wood and to do it yourself, just buy a nice plastic turntable.

• Kathy Colbert Renz

I had no idea these kits existed so thank you. I looked for lazy Susans but did not like the price. I think I know a way to save money. As I just read this a minute ago I haven’t checked it out but craft stores sell wood rounds. I’m going to look out for coupons to Michaels and AC Moore and buy them there.

• Sco21834514

How do you remove glue on jars for storage

• Pam16032129

What's MDF?
    • Kelli

We call it particle board. It is basically sawdust and glue pressed under high pressure to form a solid piece.

• Jo

I put my Tasimo on a Lazy Susan. Now I just spin it around when the tank needs refilling. No more twisting or lifting the appliance.

• Darlene Heichelbech

whats a tasimo?

• Jo

Sorry, it's a personal coffee maker, the kind that takes discs.