Fun Animal Hooks for Kids

Reuse those old animal toys (or the ones that have been partially mutilated by the dogs) to create a animal hook rack for bags and coats!
how to make animal hooks out of old kids toys, painting, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas
I chose the butts because I think a little humor is always a good thing, but you could easily use the heads as well, or a combo of both!
A hacksaw easily cuts through the little guys. There is something so wrong with securing a poor animal in a vice grip and sawing through it's body.
A coat of spray paint.
Pre-drill pilot holes to avoid splitting in the wood.
Screws attach the butts in place.
What a view!

Jenny @ Refresh Living

• L

any idea how to secure the hollow ones? the solid animals are pricey even at Walmart

• Mcgypsy9

Or you can also fill them with wood glue and sawdust mixture. This is very strong! if you use this method, you can get sawdust from lowes over by the big saw. They will give you a bag full if you find the right person that is willing Or pick it up yourself. They usually have quite a bit though in the vacuum attached to the saw. With this mixture and as much as you will have to use, this will require at least two weeks of drying time. Maybe longer. I made carrots about 3 inches long and about 3/4 of an inch wide at the top at one time and it took at least a week to dry. You could also try wood icing Which dries strong as well but again the cavity will take some drying time. Good luck!
  • Diane Schule

What are these animals? Hollow, flexible, firm, shape-holding, solid? And what paint did you use, it's great! They look like porcelain.

• Gail

Very cute !
  • Mcgypsy9

I love your version! I too have made this but with the fronts of the animals. I will be using the rears for another similar project. Here are a couple of pics of my first one. I made this for my nieces baby boy. She was doing his room as farm life. My next one will be the rears of the animals feeding on hay in the barn.
    , I made this for my nieces baby boy She was doing his room as farm life, My other one will be the rears of the animals with the barn doors open and making it look like the animals are feeding on the hay