Brooke Bock
Brooke Bock
  • Tyrone, PA

Mason Jar Snow Globes

I picked up a case of wide mouth pint jars at the grocery store recently and wanted to make some pretty winter snow globes. I love the way these turned out and my favorite part of snow globes is that all the glitter and potential mess stays inside but still looks so pretty.
how to make mason jar snow globes, crafts, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
Mine are winter snow globes so they can stay out until March but you can add whatever goodies you want inside for whatever occasion or holiday.
I started by painting my lids with DecoArt Chalky Finish paints and then I scuffed each one with fine sandpaper.
I put a couple drops of hot glue on the rim of the lid to hold it in place. I glued in my tree and tin moose cutout. I put the glue puddles first and let them start to cool a bit before I put the moose in. Then I held him until the glue was cool.
I added some glitter to the jar. I did two this way and two with grated Styrofoam for a different snow look.
Then I added a crystal and a piece of hardware that looks like a ring to the top. I put the ring on first and filled it with glue. I waited for it to cool a bit again, and then I added the crystal and held it in place until it was cool.
I added two trees to this one. One of the trees was a bit too tall so I bent the top a bit which I actually like... I added wooden knobs to the tops of two jars.
I temporarily set the globes on a glass candlestick that I had painted with Krylon Looking Glass paint to resemble mercury glass. I like the look and may actually glue one or two permanently.
Brooke Bock

• Diane Kunderer Breer

These are awesome. Every year my daughter looks for a craft project to do to give as gifts and I think we found this years. Thank you so much! Love the painted candlestick to for different heights in a grouping. Also might do different size and shapes of jars!

• Brooke Bock

@Diane Kunderer Breer Absolutely.... And recycled jars from the kitchen would not have designs in the glass either... Best of luck. I would love to see yours when you are done...

• Woodys 57

Wanted to thank-you again we had open house this week and I made two of these jars and put one on a candlestick . I put the tree's in them and knobs on top and sold both of them! :)

• Brooke Bock

@Woodys 57 That is awesome! You made my day...thanks so much for taking the time to tell me....I am delighted that you made them and even more tickled that they sold.