Not For Babies Anymore

Changing table upcycled to a bar cart. DIY chalk paint, handmade wine rack and wine glass holder. Iron pipe, elbow joints and floor flanges as towel racks and hand painted graphics borrowed from The Graphics Fairy.
how to turn a old crib to a bar
Old changing table before the upcycling began.
how to turn a old crib to a bar
Finished cart ready for silent auction to benefit my sons school.
how to turn a old crib to a bar
Added wooden serving tray also hand painted with transferred graphics.
how to turn a old crib to a bar
Hand painted graphic from The Graphics Fairy. Love her website
how to turn a old crib to a bar
Top shelf of cart. Again, hand painted transfer from The Graphics Fairy.
how to turn a old crib to a bar
Fun, functional and easy to complete.

• Elver

How did you make the wine glass holders & wine rack.? I am not handy but I want to try this but I'm stuck. Can you buy stemware holders??

• Amy

Anyway I was really just commenting to say..."Great Idea for the wine glasses!" :)

• Love this project! What paint did you use, and how was the wood treated before painting? You did a stunning job!

• Mindi

I used chalk paint and there was no preparation needed but a good cleaning.

• Riddhika Jain

It looks awesome! how did you do it? Can you give instructions, please ?

• Mindi

I took a 1/2" square dowl and glued and screwed it to a 2" flat piece of wood then attached it to the bottom of the shelf. Carefully spacing so wine glasses will hang. There are many simpler ways via YouTube but this worked best for me because the shelf had a lip on it.

• Phy18273932

I just picked up almost the same changing table for either a tea cart or bar. After seeing yours, I'm definitely going with bar, you did a great job. What a good idea for a silent auction piece, I'm guessing it earned some good $$.
    I am planning on chalk paint for mine as well. I haven't used it yet, I'm hoping it's not a major project.
    Hopefully my bar cart comes out half as nice as yours!d

• Mindi

Thank you. Be sure to post some pictures to share with us.