DIY Embroidery Hoop Ornaments

232 Views
These ornaments have been the easiest things I have ever made. I wish I had thought to use these sooner! Since I've repainted the majority of my house in different shades of gray this year, I wanted one of my Christmas trees to have gray incorporated. So I decided to use different shades of gray ribbon to make these ornaments.
Difficulty: Easy
  • how to make embroidery hoop ornaments, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
I used 4 in. embroidery hoops to make these.
Step one: take the hoop apart, layer three pieces of ribbon on top of each other over the smaller hoop.
Step two: Push the bigger hoop over the smaller one and tighten the screw at the top.
Step three: Trim the ribbon that is overhanging on the backside. It's that easy!
I didn't have white ribbon so for the white I used white felt. The other fabrics are all ribbons that I had around the house. I was able to make about 10 of these in an hour while watching tv. The only cost associated for me was the cost of the hoops around $1.30 each and the white felt I think I paid $2.00 for that.

Suggested materials for this project:

Dria @ Dio

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question