Gold Stenciled Walls

My daughter wanted to re-do her room for a more teenage look. We decided on Provence blue and gray walls and a gold stencil to add some glam! The stenciling was time consuming but once I got going it did get easier. We are very happy with how it turned out! For more great paint and design tips, check out www.thepainteddrawer.com!
gold stenciled walls
Here is the wall after applying the provence blue paint in Behr (I had it color matched to Annie Sloan Provence at HomeDepot) and the gold stencil. The gold is subtle but it really adds a lot of glam to the room.
gold stenciled walls
I purchased the template from our local AC Moore store and the gold paint from HomeDepot. It is Martha Stewart Antique Gold.
gold stenciled walls
The hardest part was measuring where to begin. I started at the top in the middle of the wall and worked my way out to the sides. I used stencil glue to help keep the stencil adhered to the walls while I stippled in the gold paint.
gold stenciled walls
After I completed one wall, I took the stencil and washed it down. The paint starts to harden and kind of goop up in places on the plastic so it's best to wash it off before starting the next wall or you may get an uneven stencil effect.
More pictures of the finished walls.
gold stenciled walls
We actually also took down the pink curtains and went with a better look for a teen - bright white!
gold stenciled walls
The whole project took about a week to finish. The stenciling was time consuming but worth it. I would recommend buying more than one identical stencil so you don't have to keep washing the same one. It will cost a bit more but be worth it.

The Painted Drawer by Suzanne Bagheri

• Kathy

I don't know why my earlier comment didn't come through. Could you please share the shade of grey you used on the adjacent walls? Thank you.

• Jart57

Got it, thanks. I didn't look in her site. I was so confused:)

• Wilma Turcotte

Love it. No matter where you start what happens when you get to the corner and not room for the full stencil pattern? Do you apply the paint with a stomper? Do you have to keep applying the adhesive and does any of it stick to the wall? Thanks.
  • Suzi

Living on the west coast, I don't have access to AC Moore stores. I looked at their website, but didn't see the stencil you used. Any chance you have the packaging, which (fingers crossed) might have a manufacturer's name?? I love this look, and have been planning to re-do a bathroom in cream and white. White wainscoting with cream above, then a pearl white for the "lace". This stencil looks perfect. You give me so many wonderful ideas! Thank you!!