Budget-Friendly Bathroom Makeover

$200

I am saving up for a bathroom renovation, but in the meantime I wanted this room to complement my style a bit better. I had a small budget and so many of the existing elements, like the vinyl floor, the minty counter, the beige sink, toilet, and tub had to stay. I painted what I could: the cabinets, the walls, the trim, the backsplash tile - even the cabinet hardware and light fixture, and then added some cheery accessories and some art - including a bold painting I made.
Here's a photo of the before:
The cabinets were painted using rustoleum's cabinet transformations and I chose grey because that colour is picked up elswhere in my home: http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.ca/2013/11/refinishing-bathroom-cabinets.html. This system was so easy (no sanding!) and has held up really well in the last year.
The mint laminate counters are not what I would choose, but I've grown to not mind them so much. I like grey and mint together, but I'm still looking forward to renovating this room fully.
Painting the backplash was a bit trickier than I thought, but if I were to do it again I know exactly what to do. If you want to learn from my mistakes....http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.ca/2013/10/refinishing-ceramic-tile.html. I HATED the existing tile, so anything is better.
Accessorizing was the most fun. I am fully convinced that art can make any space better. The photograph above the towels was taken by my former neighbour and although we're now 1600km apart, this reminds me of her!
It's a temporary, budget-friendly makeover that I'm so happy I tackled. We intended to renovate last summer but then an expensive new furnace upgrade delayed the plans until this summer. This mini makeover has made it much easier to be patient!

How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Dans_le_Lakehouse

• Lori Jackson
    Lori Jackson

I think your bathroom turned out very nice. I could live with this for a long, long time. Have you ever thought about framing out your mirror? Maybe with the same grey as the cabinets?

• Ev Hobel
    Ev Hobel

Thank you for posting this. We have the exact style and color of cabinets in the kitchen & bathroom. They are getting worn looking and I want them white. I will look into the Rustoleum cabinet transformation. I may get my wishes sooner than later.