Coffee Grounds Repurposed

$0
1 Minute

Whether you brew coffee through a filter or brew coffee from a K-Cup, hang onto those used grounds! In the warmer months, I use them for my acid loving plants. Here in my kitchen this winter, my coffee grounds are used for exfoliating my dry and smelly hands.
Fresh Garlic Makes for Garlic Smelling Hands
I love using fresh garlic. However, I don't love the sticky residue it leaves on my hands and especially don't like the garlic smell on my fingers.
Coffee Grinds Have Some Great Uses
K-Cups hold the perfect portion of coffee grounds to rub into your garlic smelling hands.
Grounds are great for getting rid of smells
If you brew coffee through a filter, keep a container of used grounds near your kitchen sink. If you use K-Cups you could also toss them into a container.
Coffee Grounds are Good for Smoothing Hands
Just dump some coffee grounds onto your hands and rub-a-dub-dub. No soap needed! You don't need much. Be careful not to clog your sink drain.
Rub Coffee Grounds Between Your Hands
Rub some grounds on your hands after cutting up garlic, onions, or fish. Great as an exfoliant too!
Rinse Grounds With Plain Water
Rinse with plain water. For me, not only does the smell go away once I've washed with coffee grounds but, my hands are super-duper smooth. Please excuse me now while I take my afternoon coffee break ;)

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Trash Find Redesigned

• Mim6254897

what can I do with a rattan rocking chair the the seat is missing

• Rachel

if you are not intereste in weaving a chairseat ,why not try a fabric covered one? you can easily find videos on using a wood back,covering it with some pillow stuffing and then cover that with fabric? You can use either small upholstery nails to nail on or glue on the fabric.then glue on the chair.

Rashelika

• Jane Altemen

Makes perfect sense for the odour problem . A challenge is that coffee grounds down the drain belabour the water waste management system. What are the pros and cons to your post having an alternate pic with a filter over the sink drain and those grounds then go into the compost?

• Saffron

Wash your hands over a bowl and dispose of coffee granules on the garden.

• Hap14166899

Have you tried it to exfoliate your face???

• Amy

But doesn’t it clog your drain??

• Manjula

I use used coffee grounds to wash dishes pot and pans. It's amazing.

• Terry Mason

When your done using the grounds out of the k cup use the empty cup to start seedlings. Make sure you pull the little filter out an rinse your well. It already has a drainage hole in the bottom. Just fill kcup with dirt put your seed or little seedling in the dirt place them on a tray to catch excess water from watering. Works great.

• Cindy

it does work great. I have 4 apple trees growing in some as we speak.