Coffee Grounds Repurposed

$0
1 Minute

Whether you brew coffee through a filter or brew coffee from a K-Cup, hang onto those used grounds! In the warmer months, I use them for my acid loving plants. Here in my kitchen this winter, my coffee grounds are used for exfoliating my dry and smelly hands.
Fresh Garlic Makes for Garlic Smelling Hands
I love using fresh garlic. However, I don't love the sticky residue it leaves on my hands and especially don't like the garlic smell on my fingers.
Coffee Grinds Have Some Great Uses
K-Cups hold the perfect portion of coffee grounds to rub into your garlic smelling hands.
Grounds are great for getting rid of smells
If you brew coffee through a filter, keep a container of used grounds near your kitchen sink. If you use K-Cups you could also toss them into a container.
Coffee Grounds are Good for Smoothing Hands
Just dump some coffee grounds onto your hands and rub-a-dub-dub. No soap needed! You don't need much. Be careful not to clog your sink drain.
Rub Coffee Grounds Between Your Hands
Rub some grounds on your hands after cutting up garlic, onions, or fish. Great as an exfoliant too!
Rinse Grounds With Plain Water
Rinse with plain water. For me, not only does the smell go away once I've washed with coffee grounds but, my hands are super-duper smooth. Please excuse me now while I take my afternoon coffee break ;)

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Trash Find Redesigned

• Mim6254897
    Mim6254897

what can I do with a rattan rocking chair the the seat is missing

• Rachel
      Rachel

if you are not intereste in weaving a chairseat ,why not try a fabric covered one? you can easily find videos on using a wood back,covering it with some pillow stuffing and then cover that with fabric? You can use either small upholstery nails to nail on or glue on the fabric.then glue on the chair.

Rashelika

• Jane Altemen
    Jane Altemen

Makes perfect sense for the odour problem . A challenge is that coffee grounds down the drain belabour the water waste management system. What are the pros and cons to your post having an alternate pic with a filter over the sink drain and those grounds then go into the compost?

• Saffron
      Saffron

Wash your hands over a bowl and dispose of coffee granules on the garden.

• Hap14166899
    Hap14166899

Have you tried it to exfoliate your face???

• Amy
      Amy

But doesn’t it clog your drain??

• Manjula
    Manjula

I use used coffee grounds to wash dishes pot and pans. It's amazing.

• Terry Mason
    Terry Mason

When your done using the grounds out of the k cup use the empty cup to start seedlings. Make sure you pull the little filter out an rinse your well. It already has a drainage hole in the bottom. Just fill kcup with dirt put your seed or little seedling in the dirt place them on a tray to catch excess water from watering. Works great.

• Cindy
      Cindy

it does work great. I have 4 apple trees growing in some as we speak.