Master Bath Remodel

Our home was built in the 1990's. Over the past 6 years we have redone two bathrooms, the pool, added hardwoods to our stairs, and repainted the entire house. The last project on our list was the master bathroom. Imagine- 'yellowed' white square ceramic tiles and brown heavily textured walls...
Our goal was to gut our master bath and create a 'glamorous' retreat. A jetted tub, old ceramic tile and dark textured walls were removed. My vision was clean, romantic -- with a little sparkle.
(BEFORE) Here is what the removal of the tile looked like. I regret not taking more 'before' pics :)
The 'sultry' master bedroom leads to the bath
(AFTER) And after weeks and weeks of hard work, it was done! Come on through the sliding reclaimed door to see our new bathroom! I really wanted the bathroom to mimic the feel of our bedroom. Warm yet modern. The hanging reclaimed door replaced two small doors that originally led to the bath. I have always wanted a sliding 'barn' door!
We found this old door and restored it.
I chose this door because it had six window panes. The windows are high enough to allow for privacy while in the bathroom, yet still let the light in.
A soaking tub is just so relaxing!
I found this tub at a local distributor. The claw feet came in three different color choices. Gold, oil rubbed bronze or white. But I really wanted to keep the colors simple, so I went with the white.
This is now my favorite place to read.
The walls were painted a cool, grey. A chandelier was added above the tub. More details and all sources for the transformation can be found on my blog. The frameless glass, marble hexagon tiles, crystal drawer pulls, shiny black vanity-- it all turned out to be just as I imagined!
Subway tile in the shower.
All the old shower tile was removed and simple white subway tiles were added. I chose a dark grey grout. I think it makes the shower a little more dramatic. (Plus who wants to scrub white grout?!)
The tub faucet feels vintage but is new :)
The subway tile is repeated around the tub. The ledge next to the tub is modern black/white granite.
Black 'his' and 'her' vanities for the master
All of the molding in the bathroom got a new coat of shiny white paint. But for the vanities, I decided to go with a black. It makes the vanities really stand out.
I originally wanted shiny marble on the floor. But I was afraid of slipping/falling with wet feet and polished marble is expensive! So I found this laser printed tile- it mimics marble because each tile is unique (just like natural stone). The tiles came in large squares, so we cut them into rectangles. I adore the look and the price fit our budget too!
Who doesn't love a glitzy chandelier?!
Thanks for taking a peek at my remodel. Be sure stop by my blog to see the rest of the details and let me know what you think :)

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Crafty Texas Girls

• Diane Schule
    Diane Schule

Was your bathroom this big before? Did you have to move any plumbing? It's beautiful!
    • Crafty Texas Girls
      Crafty Texas Girls

Thank you so much! It was this size before, we did not add any square footage. All the plumbing is still in its original place. We did remove our jet tub and replaced it with the claw foot tub. It was really a cosmetic makeover for our bathroom. It's amazing what paint, tile & new fixtures can do!
  • Jane waddell
    Jane waddell

What is the size of the shower?

• Rob Padgett
    Rob Padgett

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Is the size of your subway tile in the shower 3" x 6" ?