Cut the Cord Clutter!

With all the electronics we have these days, cords can be a challenge! I was tired of looking at this mess, but really had no place to store all the chargers when they weren't in use.
There has to be a better way . . . I love a good challenge, and this is definitely a challenge.
While shopping at a local Peddler's Mall (those big stores where there are individual booths ran by everyday folks like you and me) I found these two nightstands. They apparently had been there for awhile because they were buried under a bunch of junk. After clearing the stuff away, I loaded them onto this cart and happily went on my way.
I love to stack furniture! You get the benefits of great storage, but with a much smaller footprint!
after some changes in trim, paint and new hardware, I had this great solution to my problem
I lined the drawers with some pretty drawer liner, add one gynormous surge protector (running ONE cord out the top of the drawer, and under the back of the cabinet) and labeled my cords with some Washi tape. SO.MUCH.BETTER. The best part? I keep the surge protector powered off, only turning it on when I'm using it.
For all the details of how to modify the 2 nightstands into one chest, hop over to My Repurposed Life.

15 Perfectly Round Tables
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Gail--My Repurposed Life