LandlightS
LandlightS
  • Roswell, GA

How to eliminate the "toe kicker" when laminate or engineered flooring meets ceramic tile

setting the flooring perfectly plum with square corner cuts, if necessary, to the ceramic is essential. Once the flooring is in place and finished, use a silicone caulk in a color to match the floor and/or the grout line. In the example I am using here, I was able to find a "cedar tan" silicone caulk at Lowes. And it matched quite well.....
It must be silicone or similar so it will remain flexible
Happy
Silicone caulk to eliminate the toe kicker between the ceramic floor and the laminate....

• BBB

So you didn't use a transition and used flexible caulk...that's a great idea! I have a similar problem and don't want to use transition pieces so I might consider this. The cuts on the end have to be perfect though, no room for mistakes.

• Kristin Topping

I was very much impressed to see this amazing article. First, I would like to thanks to those professionals who have made this project in a very innovative way. I have gathered so many valuable tips from your post. It is really very inspiring. I am also in this business,provides best flooring materials with experience in within your budget.