Organizing Shoes

$0

I love turning clutter and free stuff into actual organizing solutions. Let's organize shoes in about 3 minutes with just 2 supplies: one that you probably already have, and one that is free.
Start with a pile of shoes. Sort and purge them. Put like sizes together and let go of the ones that just don't fit anymore.
Add a rectangular tote, like this one from Thirty-One. I'm betting you already have something like this.
Insert dividers from wine boxes. Free at local wine and liquor stores. Here in PA, the stores are called Fine Wine & Good Spirits. Kinda cracks me up. As if there is any other kind worth selling. Anyway, we're interested in their case dividers today.
These are little girl shoes size ~10. This will certainly work for bigger shoes, but with only one shoe per slot depending on the size. This is a great way to store children's shoes as you pass them down from one kid to the next, or to use for off-season storage.
Go forth and
I hope you found this storage solution helpful and easy to do. To find more easy storage solutions please check out my website http://www.heartworkorg.com. Daily projects in January on Facebook or join our rockin' Clutter-Free group for even more organizing inspiration.

Darla DeMorrow

• Debbie Faddis

Where do you get the tote and the boxes? debbiefad@yahoo.com

• Cheri

my daughter has about a hundred pair of shoes but I would hate to put them into a tote. I was thinking about using crates for the one's she wears less often and the board with knobs for the one's she wears all the time. any suggestions or comments on this idea?

cheri

• Wendy Giese

Love your idea!!