Painting Linoleum Floors

Because we are redoing our laundry room, we thought we'd dress up the boring linoleum floors too.
painting linoleum floors, flooring, how to, laundry rooms, painting, tile flooring
This is the before picture. We sanded, cleaned, primed with two coats of Zinnsers. Then we painted two coats of Valspar Porch and Floor paint in white.
I then drew diamond shapes with the help of a ruler, flashlight and a pencil.
I taped off the diamonds I wanted to paint black and marked the diamonds that are being left white with a small dot of tape.
I painted with two coats of Valspar Porch and Floor paint in black waiting 24 hours in between coats. After about 4 hours I peeled off the frogtape, touched up the minimal bleeding that occurred under the tape and...
come to my blog to see other projects on the laundry room.

Linda @ Home is Where My Heart is

• Karmafo

is it just me or are the size of the squares in the final project larger than the original squares from the old linoleum?

• Kelly Pierce

You can see the indentations in the finished photo.. One of the black squares at the bottom has a little more glare from the lighting. It's faint, but it appears to still show through.

• WillieandJessica Pyles

Looks perfect! Great job!