Under The Counter Pull Out Pots And Pans Rack

So, I saw this pull out pots and pans rack on facebook, and immediately wanted it! I was getting ready to be installing my new countertops that I made from barnwood and would have a big empty space right next to my stove-perfect space for one of these! This one, however, was almost $200!! I knew I could recreate it for a lot less!
The one I saw on facebook for almost $200!
Things you will need:
Set of 24" Heavy duty drawer slides
2- 1"x3"x24" finished pine boards
Plasti-Dip spray paint in color of choice
8 screw in hooks-ceiling hook #4 3-7/8"
Measure to find center line and mark it. Then measure to space hooks out evenly. I started and ended my hooks at 1" from the end and spaced the 3" apart except the last 2 spaces are 3.5" to accomodate for bigger pots.
Then drill holes at each loaction for the hooks using a drill bit that is just a bit smaller than the hooks threads.
Next attach the drawer slides to the pine board so that the smaller part of the slides is on the board.
I used Plasti-Dip spray paint to paint the hooks so that they don't acratch my pans!
Install the hooks into the predrilled holes in the pine board.
Attach the second pine board to the underneath of your countertop and attach the big slide of the drawer slides to that pine board under the countertop!
Voila! I love it and it only cost about $35 to DIY it! I will be adding a knob to the front of it and somehow covering that ugliness from the slide mechanism later!

• Christine

I have two questions, if you would be kind enough to to answer. Did you use side mount drawer slides? If my cupboard is 22" deep what size slides do I want? Thank you so much

• Neen Staines

Love the idea - filed under "Reno Ideas"! But, did you find a similar neat solution for the lids?

• Theresa Pye

How did you store the lids?

• Tanya Marie Davis

My lids have a little lip, so I hang them from the end of the hook that their pan is on

• Susan

If you can, slide the lid handle over the pan handle then hang :)

• Sharma clemens

Do you need to take the slide apart from each other and if so how do you do that,trying figure out how to attach to wood

• Sharma clemens

• Jonathan Dawrant

All around good idea. The one concern I have is using side slides in that configuration. The are not designed to be used that way. I can see that it could work but I wonder if Tanya (the author) can comment on how well they are working at this time. Still strong? Still sliding smoothly? The slides look like the 100lb ball bearing slides that you can find at most stores. Thanks!

• Lynn

Im going to try to install in my Pantry ?
    thank yOU.
  • Owen Parker

Glideware's fantastic $250 idea is making DIYers out of a lot of people! :)